Thursday, May 4, 2017

All the things in early 2017

It is clearly May, but I want to say life has gotten away from us. 
Just a quick recap of whats been going on.

Christmas Break

Here is our annual Christmas picture thanks to Kelley! We had a great Christmas with both of our families, lots of good time with everyone. 

                                 

Right after Christmas my SIL was out of town and my BIL has some errands to run so I offered to keep their littles. Bryon and Brody don't have a dog and are sometimes scared of them, but they have come around to our Sprinkles. I think Sprinkles liked the little guys and they ended up leaving our house liking her. 

                                

                               

New Year 

Ringing in the New Year in Kansas, because we like to party!!!! The Baker siblings all came together and we celebrated like siblings should, with 4 little boys and fun decorations. 

                       

Kelley and I bought matching pajamas for us gals, why should the kids get to have all the fun?

                       


This was Sprinkles first time meeting their cats, they pretty much left each other alone. The cats were not a fan of hers, they would hiss at her and steal her toys (kind of like the boys, lol).


I made a decision for my New Year goals I would pour more into me and make myself a priority. What a better way than leaning into the Lord. I stole a recommendation from the Mix & Match Mama  and grabbed the One Year Bible and I am loving it. It is written in English, you all know what I mean, really understandable language. 
I also grabbed this book from Emily Ley, Grace not Perfection, soooo good!
I feel a lot of the information and "lessons" I learned from it will come in handy when we have a child in our home. But realizing that I don't need picture perfect anything has been encouraging to our household. 

                  

We helped the Weinheimer family celebrate Samuel!!! They ice skated while us wives chatted and caught up. I really am thankful that we get included in the fun of this family, (Samantha is really like a sister). 

                  

Another of our goals for this year was to try new things, so I grabbed Tim and took him to the new Acai Bar in town. Our first go around we were not impressed, but since then I have been back with the SIL and REALLY liked it. I could go back for sure and will take Tim with me. As Tiffany would say, "you gotta get the right mix", she said she was going several times a week, I feel like she knows. 

                   

We went to the local "personal" airport to see a plane, some family members have recently gotten one and were showing us. Super neat to be that close to a plane that wasn't commercial. 
Tim thinks he a) needs one b) wants to get his license.
 I tell him to have all his affairs in order before he begins. It makes me nervous. 

                                  

Spring Break 

For my Spring Break we headed to Dallas/Ft. Worth area and this little one couldn't go with us. We may not have kids but we sure love this little furry girl and we HATE leaving her. Luckily my parents kept her, she enjoys it and I think they secretly like it too. 

                                  

I have family in Pottsboro and we stayed with them one night on our way through. Now my cousin is a little older than me but her and her husband are a blast. Tim  had a plan for us to go visit a distillery, a high school classmate had started this business. Now, I am not an avid drinker but when in Rome, lol. We were at the Ironroot Republic in Denison, TX and if you are in the area or passing by, stop. If nothing else, it is so interesting to see how they make their liquors. The owner was so nice to us, gave us a tour even while they had a private event going on. 

                                 


                                 

The whole point of going in the direction of DFW was to go down to Waco and see Magnolia Market.  Now, I had built it up in my head that we would show up at 9am go through the market buy a few goodies, get a cupcake at the bakery and get a snack at their food trucks. It was dreamy and wonderful in my brain. Now, ask me if thats how it went down??? It was cold, dreary,  windy, all the things that would send anyone over the edge. I'm pretty confidant it was everyones Spring Break in North America. It was extra crazy, like super packed.  Really, no one wanted to go to a beach, Disney, or Cancun? NO, they all wanted to come to little oh Waco. It was neat to see what I have been looking at on TV for the last few years. I could have ordered what I bought online and I didn't get a cupcake and we didn't eat off a food truck. 

                                  

                                  

Now would I go back? YES! I would love to go and get to hang out there longer. Although, I am pretty confidant it will be crazy busy for a while, everyone wants to see it, but I would go back!

                                  


Tim and I went to Kenzie's track meet. Tim loves that she runs because I think he lives vicariously through her while she runs. And no we didn't get a picture of her, she was in an awkward place in the line up and it was so fast #badaunt

                  

Our neighbors had bees in their tree and some bee lovers came to save the day. Now, this is where it gets interesting: the previous weekend I was with some friends and Brea said "were wanting some bees for a bee farm in our backyard". The man in the A&M shirt is her husband there to collect them. Brea's in-laws live down the street from me and they told her husband there were bees near by and he should come get them. I went out there and we connected all the dots and visited. 1) the bees have a new home and I hear they make good honey 2) our neighbors, Brea's in-laws are precious,  we are so glad to have met them.  3)Brea and her family are the next Gaines'

                                  

                                   

I had heard about putting coconut oil in coffee and blending it. Well I finally tried it and it was AMAZING!!!!! Like I want to invite everyone over to make it for them. I have told everyone I work with and I am convinced that it is my very own "healthier" latte. I feel like it helps my life in many ways!

                      

Ok- this is my cousin Jill- she is awesome!!! She was a traveling nurse and was living in Hawaii for a while and learned to love the islands. She met her husband and they decided to do a destination wedding. Now this is a lovely idea, until you realize they are only inviting immediate family. Her pictures are dreamy and everything a wedding in Hawaii would be. I am hopeful to see her soon to see all her pictures and hear about their even more exciting honeymoon. They went to Bora Bora and Tahiti, who wouldn't to visit these destinations. 
If I wasn't already married this would be #weddinggoals




Tim and I are nearing our 3 year wedding anniversary and we are so excited to see what is to come for us. We are having a HVAC reno happening as I do this blog, so hoping all will be 100% for the summer. Is this what adult life is like? I work with middle school and high school kids on the daily, they keep me young and help me forget I am actually quit a bit older than them. 

And to leave on a #tbt this gal and I have big things this next week
we have been through a lot together, Best of luck Danielle!!!!




 photo Erica_zps132b14da.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment